Student + Campus Life
WPU’s dining staff is excited to welcome our Pacers back to campus. Belk Dining Hall will be set up to allow for physical distancing and provide an enjoyable dining experience with various safety and sanitation measures in place. Some changes that you can expect include:
- Touchless entry options and enhanced sanitation procedures in the entryway, including touchless hand sanitizing stations.
- Plexiglass barriers placed at serving counters and cash registers and enhanced cleaning protocols for surfaces.
- Increased takeout options and use of disposable to-go utensils for students who are more comfortable eating in their residence hall rooms or other areas of campus.
- Managed traffic flow that allows for physical distancing with signage and designated entrance and exit points.
- No self-service stations at any dining venue upon re-opening. These will instead become served stations. For example, the salad bar will be rotated between made-to-order salads by a Sodexo employee or a salad action station to provide variety.
- Menu toppings and condiments will be portioned by Sodexo employees.
We will have reduced capacity in the dining hall and utilize physical distancing and plexiglass barriers with dining seating.
- We are also exploring new options for late-night dining options, Sandella’s, and Peace Perk as we know everyone has to have their coffee in the morning.
Submit a Violation of Safety Protocols
All submissions will be reviewed to determine relevance as we cannot assume all reports are accurate. You may be contacted for follow-up details.
June 17: Virtual AND In Person Engagement Opportunities for New Students
June 18: Virtual Engagement Opportunities for New Students
June 24: New Student Orientation (Virtual)
July 2-5: Campus Closed for July 4th Holiday
July 9: College Closed for Summer Hours
July 15: Virtual Engagement Opportunities for New Students
July 16: Campus Closed for Summer Hours
July 22: Virtual Engagement Opportunities for New Students
July 23: Campus Closed for Summer Hours
July 29: In Person Engagement Opportunities for New Students
July 30: Campus Closed for Summer Hours
August 1: Payment for Fall Semester is Due
August 3: New Student Orientation (Virtual)
August 16: Orientation for Transfer Students
View WPU Academic Calendar
Join the WPU Community in taking the #PacerPreparedPledge
As a member of the William Peace University Community, I pledge to do my part in keeping our community in good health as I return to the City of Raleigh and to the WPU campus.
I understand I have a role in the fight against COVID-19 and commit to responsible actions and to being an accountable member of both the WPU and Raleigh community.
I pledge to uphold the values of WPU every day by demonstrating commitment to community, excellence with integrity and supporting my university by:
- Following public health guidelines in place to help protect myself and others.
- Protecting myself and others in high-traffic areas of campus or situations where physical distancing isn’t possible to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Keeping my hands clean and sanitized while on campus, around Raleigh and at home.
- Wearing a mask or face covering when appropriate on campus and around Raleigh.
- Adhering to capacity limits in social situations to prevent high-spread scenarios.
- Modifying my actions and encouraging others to do the same as guidelines and recommendations adapt over time.
I pledge to respectfully hold members of the WPU community accountable for upholding the guidelines of the Pacer Prepared Pledge and commit to sharing any concerning behavior that puts the community at risk.
By taking the pledge to keep the WPU community in good health, I accept responsibility for myself and my actions and will do my best to contribute to a healthy living and learning environment.
GET INVOLVED. MEET NEW FRIENDS.
We want all of our Pacers to feel a sense of belonging here on campus, which is why there will be campus events throughout the semester, all of which we are planning in a way that abides by the health and safety guidelines set by the University. Pacer Welcome Week is scheduled for August 13th-20th. Based on student feedback, Student Involvement will offer in-person events with occasional virtual or hybrid programs. In-person event capacities will be updated based on University guidance. Students must still wear masks at all indoor events. Students are encouraged to check out PacerEngage ahead of time for event details and will check into events upon arrival.We will be limiting the amount of food at events and pre-wrapping everything that is served. Hand sanitizer will be available at every event.
All details such as schedules, event registration, event updates and other relevant information will be communicated via email and social media. Make sure to follow us: @wpustudentlife to stay updated. We are excited to work together to continue to build community, as Pacers! If you have any questions about events and programming on campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WPU is a community that values our many traditions and pride. We celebrate the connectedness of our community and the events that take place year after year. While the safety of our community is our top priority, we are excited to shift our events to a more in-person format in addition to maintaining virtual options! Our Student Government and Programming Association has worked hard to reimagine events such as the Traditions Dinner, and bring back our favorite events like the Red Rose Ball! The Pacer student experience is our top priority and we will continue practicing all CDC and state government guidelines as we provide our students with opportunities to build community!
All details about traditions will be communicated from the Student Government Association via social media (@williampeacesga) and The Pacer Newsletter. If there are student concerns or suggestions, please email email@example.com.
WPU is home to 20+ Registered Student Organizations (RSOs). These RSOs are vital to the success and vibrancy of student life on campus and provide programs, a sense of belonging and various leadership experiences to our Pacers. This year our RSO leaders will continue to provide our campus community with opportunities that align with the CDC guidelines. RSOs will host meetings virtually or in-person, provide physically distant programs, and participate in-person training opportunities with virtual components, to further their development as leaders.
While RSO programming will abide by the health and safety guidelines set by the University and state of North Carolina, our RSOs will remain actively engaged in the WPU throughout the semester. If you have any questions about joining an RSO or creating your own organization, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to connecting with you.
Service and Civic Engagement
WPU students, faculty and staff are active in our community, the city of Raleigh, and the world beyond. The Office of Student Involvement is planning fun, impactful, and safe community service and civic engagement events throughout the semester that will allow WPU to still make a difference. A variety of service events and projects, as well as Civic Engagement opportunities, will be held throughout the semester.
All details such as schedules, event registration, event updates and other relevant information will be communicated via email and social media. Make sure to follow us: @wpustudentlife and check out pacerengage.peace.edu to stay updated. No matter the situation, you will find the Pacer community making an impact! If you have any questions about service or civic engagement, email@example.com.