Pass/Fail Grading Option
Students may elect to take one or more courses on a Pass/Fail basis.
- Passing (P) grades will be final grades of A, B, C, or D.
- The instructor will enter a final letter grade and will not be informed if a student elects the Pass/Fail grading option. The student may choose to inform the instructor.
- For courses elected on a Pass/Fail basis, the final grade on the transcript will be changed to P or F.
- Grades of P will count as attempted and earned credits and will not affect the GPA. Grades of F will count as attempted credits, and will be calculated in the GPA.
- If a course taken on a Pass/Fail basis is a prerequisite for another course, the reported final letter grade will be used to determine if the student may progress into the next course.