Hello 2021! We are excited to welcome our School of Professional Studies students back for the start of the spring semester. As you wrap up your holiday break, we want to provide you with the information and resources necessary for a smooth transition back to campus.
Today’s update on the spring semester includes changes to our original plan, so please read carefully. As we continue to learn about the increase in case counts of COVID-19 across North Carolina and beyond—and the need to elevate our healthy and safety protocols—we will be modifying the first two weeks of classes to be delivered fully online. Our intent is to provide the best academic experience possible while we transition to an on-campus experience.
WHAT THIS MEANS for SPS Students:
- Spring 2021 on-campus classes will begin on the week of January 25th and will be delivered virtually through February 5th.
- There will be no change to courses already scheduled to be delivered fully online.
- As a community we all need to work together to wear a mask, socially distance, wash our hands and be respectful of following all the health and safety protocols.
As a way of providing more consistent messaging, we will be sharing weekly COVID-19 email updates, which will be sent on Wednesday at 11 AM. The format will include a status update and highlights of other timely information to ensure a successful semester. These communications will continue to be added to covid.peace.edu/communications.
COVID TESTING REQUIREMENTS for RETURNING TO CAMPUS | SPS Students
- Communication/s previously shared, available FAQs, and additional information can be found at covid.peace.edu.
- Students who will be returning to campus for ANY reason (classes, library, bookstore, etc.) MUST be tested before returning to campus.
- A negative, lab-confirmed COVID test, which does not include a rapid test, must be taken at a time that will provide results within 5 days of your scheduled return date.
- You must email a copy of your test results to Kathy Lambert, Associate Vice President for Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Failure to comply with re-entry COVID testing will result in at least a lack of access to campus as your Pacer card will be invalid.
- A list of currently available testing locations can be found here: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/about-covid-19/testing/find-my-testing-place. If you are having difficulty securing a testing location, please contact HealthServices@peace.edu who will provide assistance (Please contact them as soon as possible).
Resources + Information
IF YOU RECEIVE POSITIVE TEST RESULTS, you are required to immediately notify the Wellness Center at HealthServices@peace.edu for guidance on your return to campus. If able, you will participate in your classes from home during your isolation period.
- Students who test positive are required to remain home for 10 days of isolation (from the date of testing) per CDC guidelines.
- Books can be picked up from the WPU Bookstore during regular business hours (M-F 9AM to 3PM). If you have questions or need assistance please contact the bookstore directly at 919-508-2340 or email@example.com
- The library will be an available resource to students and will follow the on-campus plans of the University. More information.
- Tutoring is offered in a variety of disciplines and students can schedule tutoring appointments beginning January 27th through WPUConnect. When instruction is entirely virtual, tutoring appointments will all be offered in a virtual format.
As always, our goal is to ensure the health and safety of our campus community so that we can continue to have the on-campus experience we all desire. We must work together. #PacersArePrepared.
Office of Communications and School of Professional Studies