Belk Dining Hall will be set up to allow for physical distancing and provide an enjoyable dining experience with various safety and sanitation measures in place. Changes that you can expect include:
- Touchless entry options and enhanced sanitation procedures in the entryway, including touchless hand sanitizing stations.
- Plexiglass barriers placed at serving counters and cash registers, which will be cleaned every two hours or sooner if needed. Credit card machines, touch screens, keyboards, etc., will be cleaned and disinfected after each customer.
- Increased takeout options and use of disposable to-go utensils for students who are more comfortable eating in their residence hall rooms or other areas of campus.
- Managed traffic flow that allows for physical distancing with signage and designated entrance and exit points.
- No self-service stations at any dining venue upon re-opening. These will instead become served stations. For example, the salad bar will be rotated between made-to-order salads by a Sodexo employee or a salad action station to provide variety.
- All tabletop items will be removed such as condiments, spices, salt/pepper shakers, napkins and disposable flatware. Menu toppings and condiments will be portioned by Sodexo employees.
We will have reduced capacity in the dining hall and utilize physical distancing and plexiglass barriers with dining seating.