WPU Student community,
Hello 2021! We are excited to welcome our TUG students back to campus for the spring semester. As you wrap up your holiday break, we want to provide you with the information and resources necessary for a smooth transition back to campus.
Today’s update on the spring semester includes changes to our original plan, so please read carefully. As we continue to learn about the increase in case counts of COVID-19 across North Carolina and beyond—and the need to elevate our health and safety protocols—we will be modifying the first two weeks of classes to be delivered fully online. We will continue with a residential experience and a phased move-in approach beginning on January 15th at noon. We are eager to welcome students to campus who have uploaded a negative COVID test result to their Magnus Health portal. If you are having difficulty securing a testing location, please contact HealthServices@peace.eduwho will provide assistance. (Please contact them as soon as possible).
We also understand there may be a few students who need additional time to get tested and submit their results—the additional two weeks will allow that flexibility. Our intent is to provide the best academic experience possible while we transition to an on-campus and residential experience.
WHAT THIS MEANS:
- Spring 2021 classes will begin on January 20th and will be delivered virtually through February 5th.
- We will continue with a residential experience and a phased move-in schedule to begin on January 15th at noon. Students have the option of returning to campus during this time or delaying their return if they need additional time for testing. Any residential student who delays their return to campus will only be allowed to move in on the following dates: Friday, February 5, 2021 or Saturday, February 6, 2021 between the hours of 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM.
- Pacer Athletic teams will continue to practice and compete. Student athletes, please check with coaches if you have any questions about your practice and/or game schedule.
- As a community we all need to work together to wear a mask, socially distance, wash our hands and be respectful of following all the health and safety protocols.
- Student Life will still be offering a wide range of programming
As a way of providing more consistent messaging, we will be sharing weekly COVID-19 email updates, which will be sent on Wednesday at 11 AM. The format will include a status update and highlights of other timely information to ensure a successful semester. These communications will continue to be added to covid.peace.edu/communications.
RESOURCES + INFORMATION
COVID TESTING REQUIREMENTS for RETURNING TO CAMPUS for TUG Students
- Communication/s previously shared, available FAQs, and additional information can be found at covid.peace.edu.
- Students who will be returning to campus for ANY reason (residence halls, classes, library, athletics, dining, work study, etc.) MUST be tested before returning to campus.
- A negative, lab-confirmed COVID-19 test, which does not include a rapid test, must be taken at a time that will provide results within 5 days of your scheduled return date.
- You must upload a copy of your test results to your Magnus Health portal.
- Students who previously tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days do not need to get retested and should upload a copy of their positive result to their Magnus Health portal.
- Failure to comply with re-entry COVID-19 testing will result in at least a lack of access to campus as your Pacer card will be invalid.
- A list of currently available testing locations can be found here: NC DHHS COVID-19: Find My Testing Place. If you are having difficulty securing a testing location, please contact HealthServices@peace.edu who will provide assistance (Please contact them as soon as possible).
IF YOU RECEIVE POSITIVE TEST RESULTS, you are required to immediately notify The Wellness Center at HealthServices@peace.edu for guidance on your return to campus. If able, you will participate in your classes from home during your isolation period.
- Students who test positive are required to remain home for 10 days of isolation (from the date of testing) per CDC guidelines.
Throughout the semester we will also be implementing ongoing COVID-19 testing with high-density groups that may include approximately 50% of the student body, as an added safety measure.
RESIDENTIAL LIFE for TUG Students
- We have a phased residential move-in schedule to limit density that begins on January 15, 2021 at noon and runs through January 19th (11 AM to 3 PM).
- Returning Students that have followed re-entry testing protocols and are cleared to move in from Health Services (submission of negative test result) may return to campus beginning Friday, January 15, 2021 at noon through Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
- New residential students that have followed re-entry testing protocols will move in on Sunday, January 17, 2021 as indicated in your Residence Life and Housing move-in email. Please follow directions as provided from the Residence Life staff.
- Any residential student who does not move in during the dates noted above will only be allowed to move in on the following dates: Friday, February 5, 2021 or Saturday, February 6, 2021 between the hours of 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. There will be no exceptions.
- Pacer Card access will not be valid until Friday, February 5, 20201 for students who do not move in by Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
- There will be no residential move-in Wednesday, January 20, 2021 through Thursday, February 4, 2021 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our campus community.
- Students are allowed two guests to assist in moving and they must follow all health and safety protocols (wearing a mask, social distancing and, if they have symptoms or known exposure, staying home).
- All COVID-19 guest visitation policies and guidelines remain in place for residential students. Students should review and ensure they are familiar with the changes to campus policies. https://covid.peace.edu/student-campus-life/
- At this time NC is under a statewide curfew until January 29th. All students are required to abide by the statewide curfew and stay in their residence halls or apartments between the hours of 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM.
- If students have questions regarding residence life they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
STUDENT LIFE for TUG Students
- Pacer Dining: Belk Dining will be offering takeout only beginning January 15th (at dinner)
- Belk Dining Hours: Brunch will be served from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM; Dinner will be served from 4:30 to 7 PM.
- Late Night Dining will begin on Jan. 20th from 8 PM to 10 PM and will be takeout only.
- Peace Perks Coffee shop will open M-F from 7:30 AM to 3 PM beginning January 20th.
- Campus Events and Programs: most events/activities will be conducted virtually. Please continue to read The Pacer for updates, information and details on all student activities.
- Books can be picked up from the WPU Bookstore during regular business hours (M-F from 9 AM to 3 PM). Additional information regarding book distribution will be sent via email from Student Life in the next 24 hours.
- The library will be an available resource to students and follow the on-campus plans of the University. More information.
- Tutoring is offered in a variety of disciplines and students can schedule tutoring appointments beginning January 27th through WPUConnect. When instruction is entirely virtual, tutoring appointments will all be offered in a virtual format.
As always, our goal is to ensure the health and safety of our campus community so that we can continue to have the on-campus experience we all desire. We must work together. #PacersArePrepared.
Office of Communications