We hope you had an enjoyable holiday break and are looking forward to returning to campus for the Spring 2021 semester. We are eager to welcome you back. In the meantime, much of the information on the COVID.peace.edu website has been updated. Please refer to this site often.
Previously, we sent communications (HERE) regarding the required COVID testing prior to your arrival on campus and wanted to remind you of these protocols and provide some clarity. You can find this information as well as additional FAQs on covid.peace.edu.
All students who will be returning to campus must provide proof of a negative lab-confirmed COVID test, which does not include a rapid test prior to arrival (test must be PCR compliant). The test must be taken at a time that will provide results within 5 days of your scheduled return date. Students must upload results to your Magnus Health portal.
|Date Range of Negative Test Results||Arrival on Campus|
|January 9th through the 13th||January 14, 2021|
|January 10th through the 14th||January 15, 2021|
|January 11th through the 15th||January 16, 2021|
|January 12th through the 16th||January 17, 2021|
|January 13th through the 17th||January 18, 2021|
|January 14th through the 18th||January 19, 2021|
|January 15th through the 19th||January 20, 2021|
- Students who will be on-campus for ANY reason (residence halls, classes, library, athletics, dining, work study, etc.) MUST be tested before returning to campus.
- A negative, lab-confirmed COVID test, which does not include a rapid test, must be taken within 5-days of your arrival to campus.
- You must upload a copy of your test results to your Magnus Health portal.
- Please continue to wear a mask, practice social distancing and wash your hands regularly AFTER you receive your test results. The results are only a point in time indicator.
- Failure to comply with re-entry COVID testing will result in at least a lack of access to campus as your Pacer card will be invalid.
- A list of currently available testing locations can be found here: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/about-covid-19/testing/find-my-testing-place. If you are having difficulty securing a testing location, please contact HealthServices@peace.edu who will provide assistance (Please do not wait until January 14th).
IF YOU RECEIVE POSITIVE TEST RESULTS, you are required to immediately notify The Wellness Center at HealthServices@peace.edu for guidance on your return to campus. If able, you will participate in your classes from home during your isolation period.
- Students who test positive are required to remain home for 10 days of isolation (from the date of testing) per CDC guidelines.
These testing protocols are to ensure the health and safety of our campus community and to allow us to continue to conduct in-person experiences. Thank you for your cooperation as we enter our Spring 2021 semester.
Office of Communications