As Dr. Ralph shared in his video message, to limit the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and wellbeing of our campus community, the University is implementing re-entry Coronavirus testing for the Spring 2021 semester. This decision has been made with significant consideration of state and federal guidance as well as valuable lessons that have been learned over the semester and throughout the pandemic.
According to the National Institute for Health (NIH), testing is one of the best strategies for interrupting the spread of COVID-19. We are hopeful that adding required student and faculty/staff testing to our prevention measures will enhance our ability to maintain our in-person, residential experience and have necessary personnel onsite.
FOR ALL STUDENTS : you must participate in COVID-19 testing* and receive a negative result before you return to campus after the holiday break. The test* must be taken at a time that will provide results within 5 days of your scheduled return date. For example, if you are required to return to campus on January 15, you must receive negative test results between January 10 and January 14. Please plan accordingly for the January 1 holiday when testing may not be available or results may be delayed.
- * January 5, 2021: This must be a lab-confirmed COVID test, which does not include a rapid test.
- Students who will be on-campus for ANY reason (residence halls, classes, library, athletics, dining, work study, etc.) MUST be tested before returning to campus.
- Failure to comply with re-entry COVID testing will result in at least a lack of access to campus as your Pacer card will be invalid.
- You must upload a copy of your test results to your Magnus Health portal.
- If you have any questions, please email HealthServices@peace.edu.
IF YOU RECEIVE POSITIVE TEST RESULTS, you are required to immediately notify The Wellness Center at HealthServices@peace.edu for guidance on your return to campus. If able, you will participate in your classes from home during your isolation period.
- Students who test positive are required to remain home for 10 days of isolation (from the date of testing) per CDC guidelines.
IF YOU TESTED POSITIVE AFTER OCTOBER 13: if you have previously tested positive, you can upload previous positive test results to your Magnus Health portal.
TESTING SITES: Students may test at a site of their choosing. Please contact your insurance provider to determine if there are any costs associated with testing. There are also many free testing sites available where tests are administered without out-of-pocket costs. A list of currently available testing locations can be found here (https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/about-covid-19/testing/find-my-testing-place).
The University will also be implementing ongoing testing with high-density groups that will regularly include approximately 50% of the student body as an added safety measure.
Additional communications and registration information will be provided in January.
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to work together to keep everyone healthy and our community safe.
Office of Communications