We are writing to provide an update on our decision regarding room and board refunds. We know these are extraordinary times for everyone, and we thank you for your patience as we work hard to help our students as you all face a variety of challenges. We’ve worked with many of you as you transitioned out of University housing, and we’ve continued to work with Sodexo, our food service provider, for those of you who have remained on campus.
We know many families are struggling with the impact of COVID-19 and we will be providing a partial refund of room and board. By the end of next week, we will begin crediting accounts for room & board, starting with Pacers who moved out on or before March 22.
- Room charges will be prorated based on the number of weeks that remained in the semester (April 29) when you moved out
- If you moved out on or prior to March 15, you will be credited for 7 weeks;
- If you moved out on or prior to March 22, you will be credited for 6 weeks;
- Board credits will be based on the type of meal plan and either the number of weeks remaining in the semester or the number of meals not used (for 150 block plans);
- The credit will be applied first to any current balance due on your account, after which a refund will be issued for the remaining credit balance.
We anticipate refunds to be issued on April 6th for those of you who moved out on or before March 22.
We certainly are disappointed for all of you that your semester is concluding in the manner that it is, and campus sure does not feel the same. But we are as committed as ever to your experience and look forward to new ways to engage for the remainder of the semester.