William Peace University leadership is closely monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American College Health Association, the North Carolina State Health Department, and Wake County Health and Human Services concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19) and is using their guidance and recommendations to inform our own campus. We remain focused on the health, safety, and well-being of the entire WPU community.
We are asking the WPU community to remain vigilant and knowledgeable to help avoid the spread of misinformation.
Due to the fluidity of the situation, changes may be necessary to address any safety concerns and we will update policies and practices as needed.
There are currently no confirmed cases within our WPU community and we encourage everyone to follow best practices for health and safety.
How can I best protect myself?
The CDC recommends following the same guidelines as flu prevention:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you are not feeling well, please visit either Health Services in Joyner House, your local medical provider, or urgent care. If you see an off-campus provider, please email HealthServices@peace.edu and let us know.
William Peace University Health Services