Arriving on Campus
Things to Know
- Spring 2021 classes will begin on January 20th and will be delivered virtually through February 5th.
- We will continue with a residential experience and a phased move-in schedule to begin on January 15th at noon and runs through January 19th (11 AM to 3 PM).
- Returning Students that have followed re-entry testing protocols and are cleared to move in from Health Services (submission of negative test result) may return to campus beginning Friday, January 15, 2021 at noon through Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
- New residential students that have followed re-entry testing protocols will move in on Sunday, January 17, 2021 as indicated in your Residence Life and Housing move-in email. Please follow directions as provided from the Residence Life staff.
- Students have the option of returning to campus during scheduled times or delaying their return if they need additional time for testing. Any residential student who delays their return to campus will only be allowed to move in on the following dates: Friday, February 5, 2021 or Saturday, February 6, 2021 between the hours of 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. There will be no exceptions. Pacer Card access will not be valid until Friday, February 5, 20201 for students who do not move in by Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
- There will be no residential move-in Wednesday, January 20, 2021 through Thursday, February 4, 2021 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our campus community.
- Pacer Athletic teams will continue to practice and compete. Student athletes, please check with coaches if you have any questions about your practice and/or game schedule.
- Students are allowed two guests to assist in moving and they must follow all health and safety protocols (wearing a mask, social distancing and, if they have symptoms or known exposure, staying home).
January 15 - 17: Move-In for Residential Students
January 18: MLK Holiday | MLK Day of Service
January 20: Spring Semester Classes Begin (TUG)*
January 25: SPS Session I and 14-week Session Classes Begin*
February 24: Pacer Day
March 13: Last Day of SPS Session I classes
March 15: SPS Session II Classes begin
April 5: Registration for Fall Sester Opens (TUG)
April 13: Showcase (No Classes)
April 28: Last Day of Classes (TUG)
*First two weeks of classes will be conducted virtual with on-campus residential experience.
View WPU Academic Calendar
What to expect for Move-In Day
- We will be implementing a phased move-in process to ensure minimal contact experience. Move-on will begin on Friday, January 15th (noon) and continue through Sunday, January 17th.
- Each student will receive a thermometer and a WPU Face covering upon check-in to on-campus housing.
- Each student will be expected to have signed the WPU Health Guidelines prior to their arrival to campus. These health guidelines illustrate that you understand your commitment to being a part of a healthy Pacer community.
- As an effort to ensure a safe move-in experience for all, we will not provide move-in student assistants this academic year; however, carts and bins will be provided to aid in the move-in experience.
- Please remember to wear your mask when you come to campus and ensure your 2 guests have masks as well. All indoor spaces require a mask at WPU.
What changes can you expect to see on campus?
You will notice changes to common spaces on campus to allow students to build community while practicing safe social distancing measures. As all spaces on campus are designed to minimize the risk of exposure by distancing. Gathering spaces will have limited seating and appropriate signage to best meet the physical distance requirements.