Arriving on Campus
Things to Know
We will have a compressed Academic Schedule this Fall Semester. We will begin welcoming students to campus on August 10th and classes will begin in person on August 19th.
The Move-In Process will look very different this year and is staggered to control the density of people on campus. All residential students have received a move-in assignment. Please stick with your assignment so that we can balance the number of people on campus. All students are permitted only 2 guests to assist them with Move-In. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide move-in volunteers this year but we hope to still make this an enjoyable experience for all our Pacers and their families.
We will observe Labor Day; however, Fall Break has been canceled and we will have classes.
The last day of in-person classes will be November 24th, the week of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Classes will resume online following Thanksgiving and conclude with finals on December 9th.
Students can leave campus and remain at the home residency through the remainder of the semester or can remain on campus to finish out their online classes; however, students are encouraged to not attempt to come back and forth between campus and home during this time.
Residence Halls will close for winter break on December 9th.
November 23-27: SPS Break
Nov 25 - 27: Thanksgiving Holiday, No Classes
November 24: Last Day of Face-to-Face Classes
November 30: Last Day of Classes (TUG)
December 3 - 9: Final Exams (TUG)
December 5: Last Day of SPS Session II + 14-week Session Classes
December 9: End of Fall Semester
January 20: Spring Semester Classes Begin (TUG)
January 25: SPS Session I and 14-week Session Classes Begin
View WPU Academic Calendar
What to expect for Move-In Day
- We are still planning the details of Move-In Day; however, you can expect a minimal contact move-in experience.
- Each student will receive a thermometer and a WPU Face covering upon check-in to on-campus housing.
- Each student will be expected to have signed the WPU Health Guidelines prior to their arrival to campus. These health guidelines illustrate that you understand your commitment to being a part of a healthy Pacer community.
- As an effort to ensure a safe move-in experience for all, we will not provide move-in student assistants this academic year; however, carts and bins will be provided to aid in the move-in experience.
- Please remember to wear your mask when you come to campus and ensure your 2 guests have masks as well. All indoor spaces require a mask at WPU.
What changes can you expect to see on campus?
You will notice changes to common spaces on campus to allow students to build community while practicing safe social distancing measures. As all spaces on campus are designed to minimize the risk of exposure by distancing. Gathering spaces will have limited seating and appropriate signage to best meet the physical distance requirements.